Hamstring exercise selection for injury prevention Introduction
This presentation focussed on highlighting considerations for hamstring exercise selection for injury prevention practices. The key points from this presentation are:
* When programming for hamstring injury prevention, the question shouldn’t be what is the best exercise, but what is the adaptation I want to achieve?
* Then you have a range of exercises to choose from base upon your goal.
* Each of these exercises will have a different benefit than the other, with not one being the best.
* The range of variables that need to be considered when selecting a hamstring injury prevention exercise are large and include items such as: exercise contraction mode, activation profile, range of excursion.
* Furthermore programming these exercises creates more questions around the volume, intensity, frequency, velocity and laterality.
This presentation then works through a range of these variables, providing evidence to help guide you towards determining the best exercise for your determined adaptation.PUBLISHED ON 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2019
DiscussPlease read before posting.
This discussion is not ment for support. If you have any questions about this service, please use the Help section
Please read our discussion guidelines before posting anything.
This is a forum where you can discuss the content of the video with other users. Help each other out and get to the bottom of things. Provide your own tips and tricks related to the topic or ask questions. Have fun!
You need a Disqus.com account to participate in the discussion. Or you can login with Facebook, Twitter or an Google account.
We won't tolerate bad language or bashing of other members. Be nice to each other and make this a great community!
Again, read our discussion guidelines before posting.