Pain science in the clinic Pain Science in the clinic
This 1 hour lecture will cover the basics of pain physiology and the clinical take home messages for acute to chronic pain transition. It is designed to be an introductory lecture on the concepts of the differences between acute and chronic pain and why the approaches to treating them need to be different.
* Acute pain processing
* Why context is really important in a pain setting
* The physiological changes that occur as acute pain becomes chronic
* Why it is important for us as clinicians to understand this physiology in the clinic
* How we can better target acute pain to prevent it’s transition to chronic pain
* What are approaches known to best meet the needs of patients with chronic pain
Want access to all the lectures?
Then you're in luck! To celebrate the launch of the FREE section, we want to give a 20% discount to the first 50 new members who sign up for a yearly subscription! So act fast if you want a nice discount! :)
Use the promotion code: 20FIRSTYEAR.