To watch this lecture, you first need to be signed in and have an account.
You can click on the "watch everything for 11.99/MO" button to make an account.
This is the process:
You write down your emaill address and make a password, then you fill out your creditcard information.
That's it, and you can enjoy your 7 day free trial!
Now you can watch this lecture and all the other lectures and online courses on Trust me-ED.
And no worries, you can cancel anytime... but of course it's best to stay, so you can keep learning every day!
Words Matter- choosing words wisely with back pain: how to help and not harm Words Matter- choosing words wisely with back pain: how to help and not harm
This lecture will:
· Review the application of the BPS model to the management of low back pain.
· Review theoretical and research literature on psychological factors relevant to back pain (eg fear-avoidance, pain-related fear, catastrophising, self-efficacy, pain beliefs), and how language can influence these.
· Highlight the importance of language when interacting with patients and provide strategies to use purposeful language to frame manual/physical assessment and treatment.
· Critically evaluate how explanations can negatively or positively impact the multidimensional nature of back pain and recovery.
· Introduce strategies to communicate helpful messages regarding low back pain which can contribute to enhanced patient engagement, confidence and recovery.