To watch this lecture, you first need to be signed in and have an account.
You can click on the "watch everything for 9,99/MO" button to make an account.
This is the process:
You write down your emaill address and make a password, then you fill out your creditcard information.
That's it, and you can enjoy your 7 day free trial!
Now you can watch this lecture and all the other lectures and online courses on Trust me-ED.
And no worries, you can cancel anytime... but of course it's best to stay, so you can keep learning every day!
Pain science in the clinic Pain Science in the clinic
This 1 hour lecture will cover the basics of pain physiology and the clinical take home messages for acute to chronic pain transition. It is designed to be an introductory lecture on the concepts of the differences between acute and chronic pain and why the approaches to treating them need to be different.
* Acute pain processing
* Why context is really important in a pain setting
* The physiological changes that occur as acute pain becomes chronic
* Why it is important for us as clinicians to understand this physiology in the clinic
* How we can better target acute pain to prevent it’s transition to chronic pain
* What are approaches known to best meet the needs of patients with chronic pain