Clinically Useful Clinical Reasoning Clinically Useful Clinical Reasoning Trailer
Course Description: This course addresses four areas of higher order thinking: (1) Balancing System I and System II Thinking Processes; (2) Targeting care that actually matters to health outcomes; (3) Navigating the unexplained and unknown; and (4) Recognizing the consequences of what you do (and what you don’t do). These areas are designed to improve decision making for individuals who are new to seasoned clinicians; not early learners.
1. Understand the definition of higher order thinking
2. Recognize the balance between system 1 and system 2 learning
3. Compare and contrast interventions that influence outcomes the most
4. Recognize that ambiguity is normal in rehabilitation management
5. Analyze the concepts of medicalization and overdiagnosis.