Behaviour Change – skills, tools and techniques
In this lecture you learn how to use evidence-based techniques to help your patients be successful with changes that gives them a better life. And an even better outcome of the sessions with you!
After watching this lecture, you will know
- The main reasons people do what they do, and why changing health behaviour can be challenging
- What three skills are necessary to be successful with long-term behaviour change
- How to replace automatic habits and impulses with conscious choices – the first step in making a change
- What is most important to keep going over time, and create a lasting lifestyle change
- Evidence-based techniques to use with your patients, such as goalsetting, planning (implementation intentions), self-monitoring, habit-tracking, reflection, social support and accountability
The lecture is a mix of research about successful behaviour change and practical exercises and tools to use with your patients.